Wednesday, August 09, 1995

poem: In A Spirit of Friendship

{Later note: The Innovators were a group of Christian young people who I worked with in Yosemite National Park in the summer of 1995. We were of different faiths, but they were so nice and seemed so happy, even in the tough times. I would hang out with them, and occasionally go to the worship services they put on. They were a respite in a cold and unforgiving world that summer. I only wish I had a way of contacting them and letting them know that I finally came to Christ. Definitely something I will have to do in heaven. God bless each of you, wherever you are today.}

In A Spirit of Friendship ­ a poem for the Innovators of summer, 1995

Thank you­
For being there for me,
For being a
Modicum of spiritual sustenance for me.
We may not be of the same religion,
But there is only one God, so
Yours in mine, and mine is yours.
We have similar paths and goals,
Only different ways to reach them.

So in a spirit of friendship
I bid you all a fond farewell.
Even as I go back to my spiritual family,
I will not forget you.
Here,
So far from
Home,
You have helped to fill a void in my life.
So for being a friendly hand on this
Empty road--
Thank you.

No comments: