Saturday, March 27, 2004

Julia

After church today, the Indonesian church came along and were all over, so after lunch we decided to have the money study at pastor's house. We also had to do something else - pray for Julia. Pastor and Becky's daughter ran away earlier this week (I think Sunday) and hasn't been seen since, though they did receive one phone call. They think she is staying with her birth mother. After the money study we stayed to pray for her and Steve and Becky, and even a little for her birth mother, Mary. Becky had stayed home from church in case Julia tried to come back to get some of her stuff. However, she did not show up.

My diet is not coming along well. There are so many bad carbs in this house. Some I am taking to church, but some I am eating. I had chocolate Malt O' Meal tonight because there was only really 1 serving left. And I want to learn how to make pizza dough so I can use the Atkin's bake mix and make my own low carb crust instead of the sky high refined carbs in Boboli.

Weird goings-on with scales. On Friday I weighed myself at Curves and came out to 206.8 pounds. When I was at the Crouch's today, they have a scale in their bathroom, so I decided to step on it. I noticed it was off by a few pounds - only a few - and I don't know if that is intentional or not. Anyway, their scale weighed me in at only 195 pounds! Now I know I was wearing lighter weight tennis shoes, but I had on a heavy velour dress. So how can their scale be off from the scale at Curves by 10+ pounds?! My dress today would have made up for the different shoes. Could regular bathroom scales, even set at dead zero, be off by that much?