Monday, April 14, 2003

Pagan Acquaintances

For some reason, I've recently been running into old Pagan acquaintances that I haven't seen since I left the community 7 years ago. (I turn 7 next month.)

This time it was Artemesia, a chick who's name I liked so much I named one of my rats after her. :) I got on the bus Friday afternoon to go to the BART station because I was going to little Christian music concert. I saw Artemesia and we just stared at each other because we recognized each other and were trying hard to remember how. It was only when I asked her name and she told me that I remembered.

She probably didn't think to well of my ExWitch t-shirt I was wearing at the time. Because I didn't have an EW business card to give her I gave her the cards from my church and scribbled the EW URL on the back.

We didn't have much time to talk, but I did tell her I was Christian, and she asked about my headcovering. We both got off at the BART station (she was headed to Berkeley to hear a Buddhist speak), and as we crossed the street (I nearly got hit by a car that was backing up - I would have been hit had Artemesia not yelled out for the driver to STOP), she told me that Wicca wasn't for everyone. I didn't say anything but I admit it upset me. It has nothing to do with it not being for me. It has to do with finding something better meant for everyone.

I feel like everything is coming full circle in a sense. Not in the sense of me going back - not at all - but more in the sense of closure. After 7 years I can run into these people and be comfy where I am and strong in my faith. Hard to put into words. I just don't think it's coincidence. :-p

No comments: