Thursday, February 28, 2008

Weekend plans, & Easter is early in '08

Calories eaten yesterday: 1365
Fat: 28g (19%)
Carbs: 126g (38%)
Protein: 140g (42%)
Weight this morning: 129.4 (One week ago: 129.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 99

Been hitting the gym hard all week with all the running and walking on top of it. I decided to take today off, did laundry, and then walked the 1.5 miles to work. It's a pretty easy walk and gave me some exercise. I stopped at McDonald's on the way for a Diet Coke because it's pretty warm out. I'm actually wearing a t-shirt today!

I'll take tomorrow's shower tonight. I'm supposed to give blood tomorrow and I'd like to walk to the Starbucks across the freeway for the exercise (about a 30 minute walk from my home), then come back across the overpass and catch the bus on the corner.

The issue is that I think I might have a cold sore in my mouth, which would disqualify me. It's hard to tell by staring into the mirror. I have something in there that itches and makes me need to bite the inside of my lip. :(

Saturday is church and since the new month starts on my day off Brad and I will take a short walk (probably the lake) so I don't fall too far behind on the first day of the month.

Sunday I hope to hit the gym again.

Ok, a few facts about Easter in 2008:

Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. I found out something cool about Easter this year. As you may know, it falls very early this year (March 23). The last time Easter fell on March 23 was 1913 and the next time it will happen (after this year) will be 2160.

The earliest Easter can ever fall is March 22, and the latest is April 25. The last time Easter fell on March 22 was 1818 and the next time it will happen is 2285. So none of us will ever see that happen.

Full information on this unusual phenomenon can be found on the Snopes page Early Easter.

I will be doing my usual "Walking With the Master" series again this year, following Jesus through the last week of His life. And even though I am a Sabbath keeper I will be in church on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday, as I am every year. Christ's resurrection is worth celebrating.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: