Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stella got her groove back!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1272
Fat: 32g (23%)
Carbs: 113g (37%)
Protein: 121g (40%)
Weight this morning: 129.6 (One week ago: 129.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 410

Stella got her groove back! Well, okay, not quite. ;) I'm at 99%, but for the first time I felt good at the gym today, stronger and more energy. I did upper body weights - uneven men's push-ups (I do them every session), bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral pulldown, seated row, Arnold Press, plank with leg raise, standing calf raises (400 lbs.) (I do them every session), rotary chest press, rotary lat pulldown, back row (I forget the name on the machine), etc. A lot a stuff. :)

For cardio I finally felt well enough to run. I ran at 5 mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes, so 2.5 miles. Woot! Felt great! Then I had cottage cheese with whey powder (protein) and a 100 Calorie Pack (high-GI carb), hopped the train, and then walked from the train station to work, another 30 minutes and 1.5 miles. I feel so much better than I did earlier this week.

While I was sick I finally dropped the holiday pounds that I gained in November and they stuck around even after the holidays ended on my birthday. I've been on my plan since January 13 so it was time for the weight to move!

Weekend plans:
I hope to go walking with Brad on Friday. It's supposed to rain so we'll have to see how things are that day as to where will we walk, how long, and how far.

Saturday is church. Brad has to leave right after the service for a funeral so I'll get a ride home from Anita. Brad will come over later to hang out and have dinner.

Sunday I'll go to the gym before work.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Victoria, I received this by email and thought of you immediately. If you don't want it in your comments just delete. But I thought you'd appreciate it. Regards, Carol

Christian Sisters Day






I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
-Philippians 4:13

Christians
by Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean
livin'' I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with
pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be
perfect, My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of
pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as Pretty does... but beautiful is just plain beautiful!

TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL SISTERS DAY TAG; YOU'RE IT!

I'm supposed to send this to BEAUTIFUL WOMEN, and you
are one of them!!!

If you share this with other women, you will boost another woman's self esteem,
and she will know that you care about her.

Unknown said...

It's not be Maya Angelou. It's by Carol Wimmer. :)

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/christian.asp

Arthur_of_Old said...

Sis has had her share of sorrows. Lord Keep you V. B