Monday, February 18, 2008

Week 49, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1260
Fat: 23g (17%)
Carbs: 123g (40%)
Protein: 131g (43%)
Weight this morning: 132.2 (One week ago: 131)
Calories burned in exercise today: 300

I woke up 40 minutes late - my alarm didn't go off. I rushed out of the house, open styrofoam cup of coffee in hand. The bus came just as I came up the hill so the coffee went in the trash so I could board the bus. So no coffee this morning. :( I ate my Fage yogurt with whey powder for breakfast on the bus.

First time back to the gym in a week and a half. I'm still coughing so I took it easy - fewer exercises because I took longer rests. I had a pounding headache every time I did a set so I took Ibuprofen. Three tablets did noext to nothing, but five tablets and 20 minutes later the pain was gone but I still felt kinda icky with my cough. I struggled through an hour of upper body and core work, then just walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

After the gym I had a half cup of cottage cheese with a scoop of whey powder - it doesn't look good, but it tastes okay, is cheaper than the Fage, and has more protein. I also had my 100 Calorie Pack high-GI carb serving, then walked to work from the train station - another 30 minutes.

Tomorrow is my workout anniversary (4 years since my first workout!) so I am definitely going in to the gym. I'll do lower body and just more walking for my cardio. My muscles are weak from being away and it's going to take a while to 1) completely recover from this flu, and 2) get back up to speed.

I seemed to have hurt something in my neck and shoulders with all my coughing over the past week. I think I need to see my chiropractor but don't have any money for it. Maybe next paycheck I can get a couple adjustments. For now I'm using a hot pad while watching TV as I wind down for bed. The pain doesn't seem to effect my weight training moves at least.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Arthur_of_Old said...

Hope your neck and back get better. Take it easy at the gym.