Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 50, Day 4

Calories eaten yesterday: 1324
Fat: 25g (18%)
Carbs: 114g (36%)
Protein: 140g (44%)
Weight this morning: 130.4 (One week ago: 129.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 440

Pretty good day at the gym. I did upper body but would have been stronger if I had taken today off and just gone in tomorrow. I may go tomorrow, too and do lower body again. We will see.

I did one hour of upper body weights and read a magazine article (Muscle & Fitness Hers) about using free weights first and machines last - something do do with the stabilizer muscles. So that's something I'll need to work on. I usually hit the machines first to make sure I can get them before the noontime crowd comes in and hogs them. A trainer saw me doing my dumbbell rows wrong and corrected me, so that was nice. She also said I had a good musculature and that I needed to gain muscle instead of lose any more weight. I actually agree with her. I'm very close to my goal, but I would love to build some muscle.

My half hour of cardio was running on the treadmill at 5.5 and above mph. 2.78 miles I think. What an endorphin rush! Then I had my usual protein and carb snack and hopped the train. I walked to work from the train station I get off at - another 1.5 miles and 30 minutes. FitDay says 440 calories total, 227 from the running! :)

One cool thing happened at the gym: I was stretching my quads during my cool down. This one black guy I see at the gym a lot (not the super buff one - a different one) walked past me, stopped, came over and squeezed my quads, said "Oooo!" and then put his hand up to high 5 me. :D I love moments like those. The guys there actually respect me because they see me working so hard. :D

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: