Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Blood tests results are back...

Calories eaten yesterday: 1024
Fat: 21g (19%)
Carbs: 74g (29%)
Protein: 135g (52%)
Weight this morning: 130.2 (One week ago n/a)
Calories burned in exercise today: 311

Did good with my calories the last couple of days, under 1100. My metabolism is so slow that I can't lose at 1200 calories. :( I am trying to learn to like the embrace the "empty" feeling and think of it as something desirable. My medication makes me hungry enough to eat a house!

I woke up late! I had set my alarm an hour early. When it went off I reset it to the correct time and went back to bed, but I forgot to turn it back on! Grrr. I somehow made it out of the house in record time and managed to catch my normal bus to the gym.

I did an hour of weight training. I was too tired to run so I ended up just walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes - covered 1.8 miles. I took the train to my stop and walked into work from there - 30 minutes, 1.5 miles.

I got my blood test results back. The news is mostly bad, with some good. I had a thyroid panel, iron panel, and female hormone panels done.

These tests were done fasting on March 27, at 10:30 a.m.

First, the thyroid panel. I was taking 112mcg of generic Levoxyl at the time. No missed doses, but I didn't take my pill the morning of the test (I never do). I felt horrible at 112mcg and have since gone back to my old dose of 100 where I felt better. I am still waiting to feel better though.

TSH: 0.07 (0.4-4.5)
Free T3: 205 (230-420)
Free T4: 1.3 (0.8-1.8)

So my T4 has gone up just fine and is in a good place but the T3 remains low. This is NOT good. I also don't know how my doctor will react to the TSH being low. The TSH doesn't worry me (I'm more concerned with the T3), but I don't know about the doctor. I don't want to have to take T3 meds or switch to Armour - they are much more expensive than what I now take.

Ok, the good news - the iron panel came back awesome! The prescription iron plus the liquid iron is working and my body is doing exactly what it should with excess - putting it into storage as ferritin.

Iron: 102 (40-175)
TIBC: 350 (250-450)
Transferrin: 264 (188-341)
Trasnferrin saturation: 29% (15-50%)
Ferritin: 90 (10-154)

Thank you Dr. Turns for giving me the prescription iron! My ferritin is where it should be without pushing any other number out of range. Yay! This is after two months of prescription iron, so I should be able to give blood once after I finish the whole cycle. :)

Hormone results. First, I am 38 and have not had periods for a few years now, but have no menopausal symptoms of hot flashes or night sweats or anything. I feel like I always have - I just don't have periods.

Estrogen: 252
--> Early follicular phase: 70-400
--> Late follicular phase: 100-900
--> Luteal phase: 70-700
--> Postmenopausal: 130 or less

Prolactin: 5.3
--> Non-pregnant adult female: 3.0-30.0

Testosterone, Total: 49 (20-76)

Luteinizing hormone: <0.2
--> Follicular phase: 1.9-12.5
--> Mid-cycle peak: 8.7-76.3
--> Luteal phase: 0.5-16.9
--> Postmenopausal: 5.0-52.3

This is low no matter which range is looked at.

FSH: 2.6
--> Follicular phase: 2.5-10.2
--> Mid-cycle peak: 3.1-17.7
--> Luteal phase: 1.5-9.1
--> Postmenopausal: 23.0-116.3

I don't know what to make of the hormone results, but I have asked advice from someone who knows and waiting on a response.

Tomorrow is laundry and payday. Friday I have to go grocery shopping and then prep enough veggies for next week.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: