Sunday, February 26, 2006

The insanity continues

First, I finally wrote down everything I ate on Saturday and did a guestimation of how many carbohydrates I'm eating. Let's just say I had no idea how bad it was. I've stated before that things are insane, but I had no idea they were that insane!

Are you ready for this? I am eating around 150g net carbohydrates! 150g of carbohydrates that effect blood sugar. How horrible is that?! And I'm not eating very many vegetables. All but maybe 10 grams of that (at most) came from non-veggies - bread, sweets, alcohol - just all sorts of things that aren't good for me and work counter to my diet and health goals. I regret all but the two bites of brownie. No wonder I'm gaining!

I'm cutting back on my carbs today by substituting pork rinds for my sandwich. That'll knock 13 carbs out right there. First goal for next Saturday - no more than two slices of bread. I ate five slices yesterday! At 6g net carbs a slice, that's 30g on bread alone! Why why why do I feel I deserve a day off? I do so well during the week, and I can usually control myself on Fridays when I'm home all day.

I'm working 12 hours today, but made a good bus connection from my house so was running early. So I walked to work from the train station. Not many calories burned, but better than nothing. FitDay says 75.

And last, I'm totally honored...

From Malissa on the Weight Loss forum:

This diet [Atkins] is great! I have Victoria to thank for my decision. If she hadn't told me of her success and written all she had in her journal I would have continued to be skeptical. Even though members of my family had tried Atkins they never stuck to it like she has so therefore they referred to it as a "quick fix" weight loss diet. I now know different.. I love it!

Wow! See, this is what God wants me to do right now. :)

No comments: