Monday, November 17, 2003

Letter to God

I hate You, ok? Is that too harsh? I hate You and don't understand why You are allowing all this stuff to happen. I thought I was Your child, I thought You loved me. Why would You hurt me so, and be so silent? Why do You seem to take such delight in it all? Why do You hate me? Why have You forsaken me?

Is it so wrong to wander away from You when Your people hurt me and when circumstances rain down around me? And why do You even care? I know that I don't matter. I'm selfish, evil, and think of only myself. At least everyone says that and I know they are right. So what does it matter? Just destroy me, let me rest. I do not recall asking to be created or born, or to survive childhood. I have no desire to cling to One who forbids fun while He allows my life to crash down around me.

You are hurtful and mean and that's why I hate You.

No comments: