Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Vacation, Day 1

threat level sign<-- threat level sign at Oakland airport (click to enlarge)

I was up at 7 a.m. and out the door by 8:30. Took the bus to the airport. That went pretty smooth. Had a well-expired Atkins "granola" bar on the way. Edible, but a bit dry.

Checking my bags went smoothly: there was no line, no wait. Security presented problems of course. They wanted to confiscate my Crystal Light. I wanted to drink it right there, but nope. I had to leave the security area, go back into the non-secure area, drink the bottle (took about 60 seconds), and go back through again. They let me keep the empty bottle and I have powdered Crystal Light with me if I want more.

One inside the eating frenzy began: 3 1/4 oz. of almonds, a vegetable snack pack with full fat Ranch dressing, my peanut butter and jelly sandwich I brought this morning (with sugar free PB&J of course), and a "Red Eye": espresso and coffee. I had them add a bit of sugar free syrup to it. Yum. I also bought a chicken Caesar salad for later. I ate two croutons and threw out the rest.

The flight was uneventful and fairly short. There was no suitable snack so I ended up just having Diet Coke.

Once in Seattle I froze for a while before getting picked up by Renato, who was stuck in traffic. We went grocery shopping first, then went to the house.

April, Renato, Millie, Dad, and I all went to dinner at a Thai restaurant. Everything they served had added sugar. I ended up getting a vegetarian dish of veggies and tofu that they said they would prepare without sugar. It was yummy. I had two glasses of Merlot. Yes, I am such a wine girl!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: