Thursday, September 29, 2005

Christmas Gift Buying

aka There Goes Another Paycheck

I get paid every two weeks, which means that twice a year three pay periods fall in one month. Since the rent is paid out of the first two paychecks, this is a "free" check. One such paycheck was today.

First, I bought groceries so I can eat next week. Then I went on a bill paying orgy and got caught up on everything. After that, since there won't be another "free" check this year, I started buying Christmas gifts - Mom, Eleanor, and Cynthia are now bought for. I tried to call Mom to ask her what to get Bill, but her phone has been busy for a couple of hours. There will be nothing left when I'm done, and since some gifts have to wait, I need to try to save out some money.

Did I mention how much I hate the consumerism of Christmas?

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm with you. :P I just laid down $400 for a plane ticket home, which won't leave much for presents. Won't leave anything? Nothing I can afford, especially since I just bought a car, too.

But, seeing my family will be present enough for me so I've also asked them not to buy for me. We'll see who sticks to it and who cheats!