Thursday, September 22, 2005

Weighty Matters, take 2

I'm 10 pounds down for September as of this morning. (I was retaining a bunch of water weight from August you will remember.) I just need to lose one more pound by the end of the month. I can do it. I'm even (and don't critisize me) taking diet pills to help me control my appetite, and that seems to be helping. I can get my calories lower without feeling hungry.

Sodium has been really high the last two weeks because of the pre-cooked meat I've been using that has tons of spices rubbed onto it. Hopefully I'm retaining water and I can get down a pound when I switch back to chicken next week. Of course, with my carbs so low it probably balances out.

Earlier I was craving chocolate and sweets, but I resisted even turning to my sugar free chocolate pudding. It was a craving, not real hunger, so I told myself I could have the pudding, but only when I'm hungry. I try not to let myself eat if I'm full and have a craving. I try to only eat when hungry.

There's cake in the corner from a birthday party earlier today at work, but it's white cake and so not too bad a temptation. Chocolate would be nearly impossible to resist and I'd probably get a clean fork and have a really big bite then. :)

No comments: