Friday, July 14, 2006

First day off Atkins

Got up early so I could go to McDonald's for breakfast. I love their McGriddles and almost never get them, even on a cheat day, because I wake up too late. So I got up early so I could have that. Yum! I love the combination of the high sugar and high fat. I swear I could eat them every day! By the time I finished it was the switch over to lunchtime so I had a small fries and a fudge sundae. Then I got a milkshake at a burger joint down the street and headed home.

Yes, that's a lot of food, but I will be full for a while and don't plan to eat again until dinner. I'm hoping to go with Brad to Geraldo's, this little Mexican mom and pop place that makes killer burritos. I used to eat there a lot when I was fat. So that will be dinner.

You know where I really want to go? IHOP. I have never had a funnel cake in my whole life. Ever. I want to try one. Surely there is one in this city somewhere.

This feels so weird. I'm tired after eating a high carb meal. I don't get tired after eating an Atkins meal of meat and veggies because there's no blood sugar spike and drop. I'm getting headaches. Yesterday I craved protein something awful. If there is such a thing as the Induction flu switching to a fat metabolism, it makes sense there would be a similar flu going back to a carbohydrate metabolism. At any rate, I feel lousy. I'm already looking forward to getting back on plan and feeling energetic again.

It's strange to be thirsty and drink and never pee. Carbs cause water retention so I am bloating up quite nicely. :-p

I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying eating all this forbidden food. It's just that in the long run the forbidden food is forbidden for good reason - it does not make my body happy, and an unhappy body is a Very Bad Thing.

Walked over 10,000 steps yesterday, even considering I did not make it to the gym.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: