Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Weight training, & Christmas in July

9 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1779
Calories burned: 1979
Carbs: 43g
Fat: 83g
Calories burned in exercise: 82

I'm sick of eggs and sausage, so I went for Nutlettes soy cereal this morning with chocolate unsweetened soy milk and one packet Splenda. It has more calories, but I made it to the gym, so it'll work out. :) I put my ground flax seed in it and it actually improved the taste.

I felt skinnier this morning, but am still somewhat bloated and with light clothes on and after breakfast I was a little over 147, so that means I'm still hanging out a little above 145. *sigh* I can't have gained 6 pounds of real weight in 5 days off plan, right??? So why won't it come off?!? I've been cheat free 9 days. I just want to lose this bloating. Damn carbs. Damn glucose tolerance test.

Worked out at the gym. 35 minutes of weights, 30 on the treadclimber, and 20 walking. FitDay says 274 calories. I felt really strong! I remember when I could barely eke out 6 reps on the 15 pound dumbbell. Well, today I did 6 reps on the 20 pounder. Yay! Go me!

On the leg press I am up to 50 pounds. When my trainer taught me how to use the machine he put zero weight on it; the weight of the press itself was enough. On the calf machine I am up to 90 pounds, and on the weight assisted chin-up I can now do 10 reps on the first set; before I could only do six, and I can usually do more than six on the remaining two sets. I'm still at 110 pounds on that machine, but soon it will be time to move down to 100 pounds. This machine works in reverse - the less weight on it, the harder it is, because the weights counteract your body weight. For example, I'm 145 pounds, so 110 pounds of weight means I'm only lifting 35 pounds.

My new pedometer and Step Diet book came today. Yippee! Now I can start counting steps and miles again. :)

The Absolute Best Cat (ABC) forum sent me a Vicki box in July! There's a cat themed kitchen towel, a cat mug, a furry cat jewelry book, a box of Morning Start bars, an Atkins brownie meal bar, and a chocolate decadence bar (aw...how thoughtful). There's two food and/or water dishes that form into the shape of a fish, a cat themed notepad box with a little drawer in the bottom, pencils with my name on them, cat treats (two different kinds), cat mice toys (Abby will be happy), whole bean coffee, cat themed book marks, catnip toys, a cat themed coaster, a cat musical thingy that slowly goes around and around to music, a 2007 cat calendar, and a cat themed pen.

There's more stuff, but it's wrapped so I'll wait until I'm home to open them.

Thank you, ABC, and Xena and Abby thank you, too!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: