Tuesday, July 11, 2006

This Fallen World (reprise), take 2

Was very busy yesterday, even though I got very little accomplished. First I went to the bank to open a new checking account. They couldn't close out my old one because there was one charge pending. Once that clears I can request it be closed. I also withdrew $40 in cash so I could start replacing the stuff in my purse.

Then I went to 24 Hour Fitness to have them start drafting my new checking account. They already put through a charge on the debit card. That will be rejected and returned and there's nothing anyone can do. The club manager promised I'd have access to the club even while this is getting sorted out.

Then over to Long's Drugs, where I remembered my Xanax had been in my purse. My prescription had expired, so the lady there helped track down my current doctor to ask him if I could get my Xanax. He was unreachable, and after two hours I finally left. While there I bought a few items that had been in my purse - nail clippers, a coin purse, a yellow highlighter, and a travel size Secret deodorant.

Then down to Alameda Towne Center to Walgreens to buy Slim Mints, the mints that I carry in my purse. Then over to Petco for a frivolous purchase - a Betta fish to replace the one that died quite a while back.

Today I first walked around my neighborhood checking garbage cans and dumpsters for my purse or its contents. Then I got on the bus and my first stop was Farmer Joe's where I was able to finally buy kefir. They only had the quart size. I will have a 1/2 cup tonight to see if I can stomach it or not. I've never tried it. I also picked up a pint of Half & Half since I need something like that to make the communion bread this Friday.

I got the spare keys copied today so I can now give them back to the building manager. They are needed for when I lock myself out or some such. I still need a new laundry room key and a new mailbox key. I have also left a message for the building owner about the laundry and mail keys.

Bought a new wallet at WalMart and had my eye on a brown denim purse (I don't want to get the exact same blue denim purse), but didn't have the cash for it and most places don't take starter checks without name and address printed on them. The checks will take a while because Washington Mutual almost never get the checks right the first time and I have to return them and have them redone.

I will make sure I can wear my new purse over my head and across my chest so it can't be snatched!

Called Long's. Still no word from my doctor. Called him again and left another message for him to phone in the %^$*#& prescription!

Got my check for the vacation time I cashed out. Will deposit that tomorrow and check on my prescription again. I could sure use the Xanax right now.

Jon is back from vacation so he gave me a new key to my locker. Carla says she will process my new key card just as soon as Louise gives it to her, so it is in the works.

I did walk part of the way to work today. I came in from Eastmont Mall and instead of getting off at the BART station I stayed on until we crossed the ramp, then got off and walked the rest of the way. Counting going to WalMart and a little detour, I racked up 30 minutes and burned 88 calories.

I also want to add that I have been overwhelmed by the amount of help that has been offered to me (you know who you are!). Thank you. I think I will be okay, but your generosity means a lot. And thanks to B for reminding me that I will need to update PayPal with my new information when I get it. That totally escaped my notice.

My vacation check came today and that will go a long way toward paying bills, rent, etc.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: