Wednesday, July 12, 2006

This Fallen World (reprise), take 3

Tried the kefir last night. It basically looked and tasted like thin plain yogurt. Not too exciting since it has more calories than plain yogurt. Oh well, now I know.

Today was insanity defined. Called Long's and they said still no prescription. Called the doctor; they said he wouldn't give me a prescription without coming in to see him (for the $85 fee, of course!). My doctor wasn't in, but they set me up with a female physicians assistant. On my way to the doctor I ran into the owner who was getting ready to put a new lock in. He gave me the key to the new lock, and the laundry room key. The building manager is supposed to leave a new elevator key in my apartment.

When I got to the doctor's office, the physician's assistant wrote me a prescription for 30 Xanax of 0.5mg strength. I left the prescription there so they could fax it to Long's and they could have the prescription for me by tomorrow.

Then down to Alameda Towne Center where my bank has a branch. I deposited the vacation money. Then I took the bus down to WalMart and did some shopping: a new purse and makeup case to replace the stolen ones; a new pullman travel case to replace my pullman backpack, which is in sorry shape; and a new laundry basket as the one I have is so broken as to be useless. I also got the new house key and the gate key copied so I would have a set to give to Brad when he watches my cats when I go on vacation.

I got to work and was promised I would have a new key card today. Meanwhile, a package had arrived. It was my new phone! I opened it, activated it, got the number changed, and then called my family with the new numbers. I programmed in a bunch of numbers. This is a real nice phone with a camera feature. Whether or not I will ever get those pics from the phone to my computer...well, that remains to be seen.

I retrieved two messages I'd received in the meantime. One from my sister that I knew about, and the other from the chiropractic office saying the doctor already sent the check in, and he would be charged $5 when it bounced. Therefore, the $55 I owed for my last appointment is now $60. :(

I jumped online and paid a bunch of bills, but my Verizon bill isn't showing the charge for the new phone (?).

I have the mail-in rebate ready to mail in except that all my stamps were stolen with my purse. I borrowed an old stamp from Susanna down the hall, and need to add two 1 cent stamps to it when I get home.

I wrote out another rent check, this for the entire amount of the August rent, and I'll put that in the drop box when I get home tonight.

So I'm sitting here struggling with the new phone, frazzled beyond belief. I won't be able to grocery shop tomorrow before work. I think I'll ask Brad if he can take me shopping on Friday afternoon.

Excuse me while I scream.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: