Saturday, January 27, 1996

Accident

I am very relieved that my run-in with the motorcycle yesterday (about 3 p.m.) wasn't worse. I walked out of the emergency room at 7 p.m., only about 4 hours after the incident occurred.

I was mad at God at first for letting it happen, but now I am relieved that I was hurt so little. God or a guardian angel must have been looking out for me. I have thanks to the Lady and Lord that all I got was some cuts and bruises. I give thanks for being alive and not being seriously injured.

I called J.H. today to let him know what happened. (I know today is Saturday, but he's been putting in a lot of overtime.) He assured me that him and K. would be praying for me. Can't hurt. Might help.

I've never had to be in an ambulance before. It was scary yesterday, though (get this) I was more angry that I would be missing SBC {South Bay Circles, a Pagan group}, where I had been headed when the accident occurred.

I was crossing 6th Ave. with a yellow light against me (it would soon be green for me) when a motorcycle came out of nowhere. He was headed straight for me. He swerved to avoid me, but clipped me with the handlebars. That's what the doctors said. I just remember the intense pain of being hit, and the next thing I knew I was sitting on the ground, my Birkenstocks had been knocked off, and my nose started bleeding. Bystanders were handing me tissue - whatever they had with them - and some good Samaritan - Goddess bless them whoever they are - called 911 for an ambulance.

The motorcycle rider stopped for a few moments, but I think he rose on, making it a hit and run. I don't know for sure, but no one to my knowledge saw him after that. {This later proved to be false; he stayed.}

Every part of me aches today. I called in sick to work today, not because of my injuries, but because I didn't get to sleep last night for a long time - I just couldn't sleep.

I look at my cuts and bruises and think how bad things could have been, or would have been if the rider hadn't swerved. At the least I was given my health; at the most, my life.

They took six x-rays: one of my chest when I first came in; then when I complained that my right arm and shin hurt, they x-rayed those to be cautious. Two x-rays for my arm, two for my leg; but they messed up and had to take a third for my leg. A total of six.

In the ambulance they put a brace around my neck, an oxygen mask over my face, and an IV in my arm. The IV hurt when she put it in. I was crying, I think mostly out of anger that I wouldn't be going to SBC, but probably out of fear, too.

They tried to tell me that my pentagram necklace would have to come off (I think so they could take an x-ray - no metal allowed). I told them no way. It stays on my neck. It's a religious thing. They pushed it around to the back of my neck. The Asian doctor asked me what religion I was and I said Wicca. He asked me if I belonged to a coven and I said yeah.

Love is what life is about. That selfless love that one feels toward another human; that unconditional love that God has for us. Maybe one reason we're here is to learn to love the way S/He loves. A love for the Divine and a need to communicate with It drives people to churches. A love for the Divine drives people to worship. In both cases it is the same. The room of communion and worship is love. And the root of all positive magick, up to and including binding, is love, for in a binding you are binding one person to protect others.

To strive to live like Jesus,
To strive to love like God.
Keep your highest ideal in mind and strive ever toward it;
This is the life of righteousness.

No comments: