Friday, July 04, 2003

Light and Power

This is America's 227th birthday. It is also the first July 4th in a long time that I got to see fireworks, and boy was it cool! I really hate having to work some holidays, and this is one. Too bad it falls on a Sunday next year. :( Maybe I can get the night off.

There were lots of red and blue fireworks, and some new cool stuff I hadn't seen before: fireworks in the shape of smiley faces, and two offset rings inside one another, like some nuclear thing, only with fewer rings.

The Grand Finale was the best I've ever seen. There were so many fireworks going off at one time, and low, that I began to wonder if the lauch site wasn't exploding! (c:

Thank You, God, for this country and the freedoms we have. Protect her through everything for the sake of Your remnant. There are still those of us who stand against the tide. Protect her for our sake, Father, and the sake of Your name.

No comments: