Monday, June 30, 2003

Sometimes We Win One

This is old news, but worth recording. Saturday morning I woke up to read in the forums that Veronica has asked Christ into her life on Friday morning. Evidentally, the thing to push her over the edge was a talk she had with God Thursday night, and then the first post she read Friday morning (Brian writing to Clip) touched on that same subject.

I thanked God on my way home from work Sunday, thanking Him for what He's done so far, and praying for her growth in Him. I also thanked Him for all the work Socrates invested in her, answering her questions, and challenging her.

Despite all this, I knew she would come to Him, knew it was just a matter of time and that I just needed to wait on God. Some people you know don't stand a chance. ;) She's been hanging out at EW for a couple years now, and has consistently stayed with us, and drawn closer to God.

I think that's the key - does the person draw closer over time, or stay at the same distance, or worse, retreat further? It is those people who could go either way and you don't know. Right now Wolf is like that, and I see it in Chris, though she says she has crossed the line, and there's a good chance she really has.

No comments: