Monday, June 09, 2003

Tony was late to work last night. He overslept and showed up about 15 minutes late. I would have appreciated a call. I can miss the 11 p.m. bus, but if I miss the 11:30 p.m. bus, I miss the last bus home. In which case I take 40 bus and walk a mile over the hill in the middle of the night in a dangerous city. :-p I was so tired it was hard to focus in prayer. I took a couple sleeping pills to help me sleep deeper and now I'm zonked this morning. Gack. I had been up since 7 a.m. because I went to church yesterday morning - not a good day for Tony to be late.

At least church was good. Good music, reminding me of all God has brought me through and how far I've come, and a good sermon based on John 20. I took so many notes I filled every line on both sides of a sheet in my Steno book. Yea God!

It was also funny that the pastor made a point of mentioning that he had three points (the traditional 3-point sermon), and during his sermon, my pastor had also made a point to mention his three points. There were actually six, he said, but that was too many, so he broke it down into three groups of two, which it did neatly. I had never noticed there were six points and could be grouped into pairs. Amazing the little nuances I keep discovering in the Bible.

No comments: