Sunday, June 29, 2003

Gay Pride Day

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps." --Emo Phillips

This was one of those mornings.

So here I sit on a bus on Sunday morning in San Francisco, trying to get to church. The Gay Pride Day parade is preventing me. I left the house at 10 this morning. It is now past 11:30 and I am still downtown, crawling along on a 14 Mission bus that is stuck in traffic. The 38 Geary was nowhere to be found, even though I went to the Transbay Terminal. Market street is closed for several blocks, so Mission is getting all the traffic. In the last half hour we've gone 6 blocks. I think I will set a new record today for the amount of time and number of busses to get to this church.

I don't know when or if I will make it to City Church. Maybe in time for communion at the end of the service. Maybe not.

I told another lady on the bus, also trying to get to church, that I should have stayed in bed. She said that God honors our efforts. Somehow that made me feel better.

I will write more later and update.

No comments: