Friday, November 28, 2003

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving on Thursday was good. Brad brought cornish game hens, yams, and cherry pie (I hate pumpkin). I brought Martinelli's, cranberry sauce, and two wine glasses. I had two turkey TV dinners in the freezer at work, so I used them to provide us with stuffing and mashed potatoes. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. We even topped it off with coffee (provided by me). All we were missing was the rolls. Brad accidentally left them at home.

Here's a Thanksgiving prayer I wrote Wednesday:

Help me to walk closer to You, God. I backslide so often, walk away, go my own way. I don't want to be like that. You have been so good to me. I don't know why I am so mean in return. But even through my most recent struggles, You have held me tight, and Your Holy Spirit has never stopped working on me.

Thank You, Lord, for my apartment.
Thank You for my cats.
Thank You for the gifts of Your Son for our salvation and Your Spirit for our guidance.
Thank You that we have the ability to give You thanks.
And thank You for this day that we set aside to remember Your gifts.

Thank You for your continued protection of this country.
Thank You that You have remained true to the promise You made me a few years ago. You've never once failed in what you said You would do. I've doubted You many times, but You have always come through. Thank You for being so faithful.

And finally, thank You for all the new ministry opportunities of late. I pray, God, that we would let Your light shine through us that all people would glorify You. May the words we speak here be Yours.

Thank You, Father, for all Your gifts.


I got my Christmas presents wrapped on Tuesday night, and dug out the Christmas tree Wednesday night. The box is worn out, so I tossed it out and threw the pieces of the tree into the wardrobe box that I got when I moved. Now I "just" have to set it up. Oh joy.

No comments: