Sunday, November 02, 2003

Growing

Well, I got through Halloween and am very glad it's over. Now I just have to weather the holidays. I was lucky to have Halloween off this year, and it was refreshing to discover that I've come far enough to resist all the urges to go back, that I can make it through! :)

All things being the same, I'll be working the next several Halloweens to come. Next year it falls on Sunday, and it will move through the week that way.

I'm making progress. This year for the first time I was able to have a Halloween-themed sig pic, and was able to eat a pomegranate. Pomegranates always had Pagan meanings for me. They are a prominent aspect of the Greek myth of Demeter and Persephone, which was one of my favorite myths, and my class project for my "Women and Religion" class in college. So I haven't eaten one in 7 years - until this Halloween.

I see Halloween as a Romans 14 issue. I freely admit to still being weak in this area. But slowly God is healing me. This was the easiest Halloween for me yet, and the first time I've been home so I could pass out candy. It sucks working nights and all holidays, but someone has to work so all the rest of you can enjoy it.

I survived. It's over. Thank God. Now normal life can resume again and EW can get on with its ministry to the hated and misunderstood ones.

No comments: