Monday, February 08, 2010

Life still sucks

I'm still doing pretty sucky.  Weight-wise I can't stick to plan because I'm not just addicted to sugar and carbs, but I tend to binge and gorge myself when I am under stress.  I stuff my feelings down with food and I now have a nice little belly to show for it.

Getting to the gym is hit and miss (mostly miss).  I don't feel like going when I am depressed, and it requires getting up early and traveling a long way on the bus. I often just don't have the will to crawl out of bed. I am getting exercise, though.  I walk a lot of places both for the exercise and the savings on bus fare, and if worse comes to worse I can always pull out the mini trampoline I keep at work and jog on it after boss J. has left for the day.

Work-wise the stress is wearing on me.  I'm now allowed online a total of one hour a day.  I think boss J. expected me to be grateful or kiss his feet or something.  Every day I can't wait for him to leave at his usual time of 7 p.m.  He commutes from far away and will often work 14 hours so that he can come in fewer days (good for me!).

Today it looks like I'm stuck here until 3 a.m.  The overnight girl, L., is sick again of course none of the part-timers want to work that shift at all, especially on such short notice. So I have to work 12 hours, have Brad take over at 3, and then come back at 3 p.m. tomorrow for my regular shift.  Boss J. made it very clear to me that he does not like working the overnight because it is "hard."  <sarcasm>Oh, the poor baby wants to be a manager and have all the perks but none of the responsibilities. </sarcasm>

And that's another thing about working under J. I have never had a job before where I had to find my own fill-ins or come in anyway, no matter how bad of shape I'm in.  In normal businesses you just call in sick and the manager takes responsibility to find a fill-in, or do it himself.  Not under J.  He wants us to do his job and find our own fill-ins.  This usually results in my working 3 p.m. to 3 a.m., and forces Brad to come in at 3 a.m. and work until 3 p.m., when I come in again.

Bill, the board member, called me on Saturday and said we would have a meeting today with me, Jon, Bill, and Lupe.  Brad thought Lupe was a bad idea so I called back and asked for Matthew or Thad, or, if it had to be another woman, Kathleen from downstairs.  Bill called me back and said he was trying to set up something with Thad, and that's where it stands now.

I took the paper I wrote and that I gave to Bill, turned it into a letter format, expanded it, and put it in Mr. Camping's box.

I know boss J. is waiting for me to break, but if he thinks I will, then he doesn't know women very well.  This is probably why he desperately wants to get married but can't find a woman crazy enough.  In one of the comments Brian mentioned something about my boss' "wife."  The truth is, he doesn't have a wife because he's just too mean and controlling.  No sane woman will go past a first date.

I have heard (but have not yet seen) that boss J. sent an e-mail to a bunch of people about doing evaluations on net control operators, and specifically mentioned me.  One of the recipients does not have my e-mail address or phone number, but texted Brad to let him know about it, knowing that he would tell me.  I am trying to get a copy of J.'s e-mail.  I am also trying to get a copy of Peggy's response to him (she's a lady who works in the Sacramento office) that I have heard was not kind. I'll give an update if I ever get ahold of either e-mail.

That's about it I guess.  I still don't have to will to update very often but I will as I am able.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4849 (20100208) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

No comments: