Friday, April 25, 2003

More Rants

The owner here is having money troubles yet again, and was putting the squeeze on me to get the rent money early. He now needs to be paid the 29th of every month, not the 1st. My next paycheck isn't until May 1, and I was planning to pay then. Once again, he tried to pin the blame on me, as if I'm the reason the bank wants to forclose the house. He stops short of actually blaming me for that, but that's the tone of voice. I'm sorry, but I ain't going for it. It's not my fault that you can't get your act together. Period.

He said he would take partial rent of $400, and asked if we had to go into the City to get money from my savings. Sorry, but I'm so wiped out right now that I'd have to use most of what little is left to pay the rent, and I ain't doing that. Additionally, I don't enjoy being guilt tripped and told to pay up now, especially when I haven't even had my coffee.

So there I was, sitting on my bed, trying to catch up on my checkbook (which was a couple weeks behind) without my coffee. I paid him $396, taking off $4 for the extra receiver TV charge his receiver incurs. Yes, that's right, he gets Direct TV for only $4 a month. Thankfully he was in the shower when I went downstairs and so I just left the check on the table.

So then he says he doesn't want the check because it takes 5 days to clear. So off we went to my bank to cash the check and give him the cash. (See the cash.) I made sure to ask for a receipt from him. His intention may not be to screw me over, but it may happen anyway and I want to be prepared - just in case.

Can we say L-O-S-E-R boys and girls?

Eden, the girl in the back room up here on the second floor has evidentally moved out. I don't know why, but the when appears to be sometime earlier this week. So I'm the only tenent right now. That does not bode well.

No comments: