Monday, April 21, 2003

The Son Also Rises

Since I haven't gotten to an entry in the last week, I decided a short entry today would be better than nothing. Pardon any mispellings. I don't have the energy to edit tonight. So...here goes.

Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

This weekend provided plenty of opportunities for reflection on the meaning of Easter. I figure that over three days (Friday-Sunday) I spent about 8 hours in church services (!). Good Friday was 3 hours (12-3 pm), then my regular church Saturday morning, then Easter Vigil Saturday night and Easter Sunday morning services. It leaves one tired but happy. :-)

One thing I realized yet again on Friday was that when my sins were placed on Jesus on the cross, all of my sins were - which means that God looked at Jesus and saw Him practicing Witchcraft and Him worshipping other gods. That blows my mind! And that Jesus would do that willingly for me. Our sin was great, so His suffering for us was great.

Thank You Jesus for Your great sacrifice for us. We put You on the cross, yet You went willingly because You loved us when we still hated You. Thank You God, for Easter. Thank You for Your Son's death, and His triumpth over death. Truly we can now live and die in hope. Amen.

No comments: