Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Which Witch is Which?

Well, I finally saw the first Harry Potter movie. I liked it. It was a little hard because of my past - the mere mention of magic and witches and wizards can be hard to listen to - but overall it was a good movie, and the magic in it was all Hollywood; there was no magic that is the real magick real Witches practice.

I fail to see how it's so different than Lord of the Rings with its magic and wizardry. I don't see the horror in it that some people see. And it does teach children good life lessons - friendship, courage, and sacrifice. After seeing the movie today, I stand by my original assessment now posted among Kathi's articles. It hooked me. I'll have to see the next movie now, since the story does continue. Still can't read the books, though. Doubt I ever will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came across you via Brian P so just thought I'd say high. Blessings on your journey.

http://mattstone.blogs.com

Anonymous said...

Also found your blog through IMONK. I've only read your one post, but you sound like someone I could trade notes with. I was heavily involved in the occult, not Wicca, although I looked into it for awhile. Either way, I tip toed around Harry Potter for a long time before reading it myself or allowing my kids to watch the movies.

After eleven years as a Christian, I've finally gained some perspective on these things, and can usually fight the knee-jerk reaction to things that "look" like the occult but might not actually be in the end.

Thanks for your thoughts!