Monday, September 01, 2003

And On the Subject of the Fuzzbutts...

I got Abby trapped Saturday night and she broke my heart with her pleadings to be let out of the cage. She's SUCH a sweet cat, and did calm down after a while.

The move was hard on both of them. I let Xena out in the large walk-in closet while the men continued to move stuff in. She hid in her carrier the whole time.

I let Abby out as soon as the men were gone. She promptly sniffed her way to the kitchen and peed on the floor. At least she did it on the linoleum and not the carpet, so it was easy to wipe up. Then she hid under my bed in the furthest corner.

Meanwhile, Xena was STILL in the walk-in closet. She had climbed into the cage and was hiding in the litterbox. She came out as she was ready.

Abby seems distressed that the view from the window has changed. They are both exploring a bit when it is quiet and they feel safe, but they both slept under the bed last night. They will probably do a bit of exploring while I am at work today.

Abby seems grateful that I'm around and climbed around on the bed a bit and let me pet her. She also dozed a bit on my legs, until I had to move.

All in all, I have two very freaked out, traumatized cats on my hands, but they will adjust in time.

I have to smile every time I open a cabinet and think about how ALL the space is MINE, or go to the bathroom and have to think to leave the door open JUST BECAUSE I CAN, or wear whatever I want without having to worry about modesty. I ordered a little nightshirt to celebrate that I CAN FINALLY WEAR IT!

For the time being, I'm leaving out food and water in bowls. I'll fill up the water dispenser and put them on a feeding schedule once I decide where I will feed them. The place it's sitting in now - I can just imagine stumbling into the kitchen half awake and spilling everything. :-p

I am no longer leaving classical music on when I am gone. I pay the electric and gas, so nothing should be in use while I'm gone. The furfaces will just have to deal with it.

Oh, Frodo died. I think it was my fault. I filled his tank back up after the move, but didn't add the conditioner. I found him floating on his side at the bottom of the tank this morning. I'll get another one. They are fairly cheap. And this time, I will always remember to put water conditioner in. :-p

No comments: