Thursday, September 18, 2003

Missed Last Bus Home

Because of where I live now, I often barely catch the second to last bus home. So one missing bus with the next bus being late (unavoidable if the first is missing), means I miss the last bus home. This is where I found myself last night. The first driver was a newbie who got lost and was running in tandum with the bus behind, so they just sent him back to the bus garage.

Well, it was 11:30 at this point and I could tell that there was no way I'd make it to my transfer point by 11:55 when the last bus home came through. My friend encouraged me to talk to the driver about it and I finally did, asking her if there was any way to hold my connection until I got there.

She was very understanding and immediately made some phone calls to see what could be done.

When we arrived at the Eastmont Transit Center she pulled over and talked to her supervisor. The supervisor said she'd drive me! She took me all the way home and even made sure I was in the building before driving off!

The AC Transit Board of Directors may suck rotten eggs, but some of the "little people" working for them are great. I never expected anyone to care about my getting home safe.

No comments: