Thursday, December 25, 2003

Excuse Me While I Scream

So a firetruck pulls up outside sometime after 1 a.m. I think it's odd, but don't worry much about it - until the water is turned off. I grab a bottle of water from the refrigerator so I can brush my teeth and wash my hands, and hear strange sounds as I pass near the front door, so I go outside. The fire dapartment is in one of the apartments downstairs (2nd floor, which is the 1st floor with apartments in this building). An ironing board and table are sitting outside. The men appear to be mopping up water out of one of the apartments and I overhear a conversation between a fireman and the building manager that the water will have to stay off and a plumber will have to be called (on Christmas Day!).

This is not what I needed. My period just started (no wonder I've been crabby lately). Gar! Life sucks and I hate Christmas. :(

No comments: