Sunday, December 21, 2003

Rants

Rant #1

The bus schedule changed today. It's AC Transit's Christmas present to its patrons and employees. Lines have been cut, and service cut back. The 58 line no longer runs, and the 50 and 62 only go until midnight.

Which means that when Tony is even a few minutes late (more on that further down) I can't get home. Period. On a good night that he's late I might be able to get as far as Fruitvale BART, but from there I am on my own.

I had to take a completely different route today to get to work (COMPLETELY different), and was looking forward to taking the same route all the way home so I could learn it each way.

No such luck.

Rant #2

Tony is late yet AGAIN. His mom called to say he had run out of gas and she was going out to rescue him. In my years of working here Tony rates right up with Maurice in lack of ability to get to work on time. I am only thankful I only have to deal with him one day a week. There is always something happening. Today I have had it. I am going to keep a log of when he is late, why, and how late he is. Then when I go to my supervisor I will have something to show him. It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the busses, but it IS a problem and I have talked to Tony many times on the absolute necessity for me that he be here on time. The guy just doesn't GET it.

I can't the day shift. There is only one position, and someone with more seniority already has it. I could go to the overnight shift, something I refuse to do. I shouldn't have to change MY schedule because one of my co-workers is too irresponsible to get his butt here on time.

It took me 2 HOURS to get to work today and *I* was on time. Early even. (The 2 hours to get to work is courtesy of the new schedule.)

No comments: