Thursday, December 11, 2003

My Sucky Life

Wednesday was a bad bad day...here's the low down. Written Wednesday evening:

Ok. So I've been bugging the manager about getting recycling in the building since I moved in three months ago. In lou of the lack of recycling and given my past as a radical environmentalist (spent 3 days in jail once....nuf said), I've been leaving my recycling at the curb in large garbage bags for whoever might happen along. We have lots of poor elderly asians that collect cans and bottles to make ends meet, and the money isn't important to me.

Well, today the building manager confronted me on the topic, said the neighborhood kids would break the bottles and such and he's been trying to figure out who's been leaving the bags out. So now I know he's tossing them out. Now if the kids are breaking them, how about either you or the owner just being straight with me and telling me you will NEVER implement recycling because of this? Why dither around and play games with me? I can't get a straight answer out of anyone.

So he gives me two options, neither of which are acceptable.
1) Take your recycling to a recycling center. (I don't own a car. Just what do you expect me to do - FLY?!)
2) Give up the idea of ever recycling another can in your life as long as you live in the building. (And go against everything I ever learned about taking care of the earth? Riiiiiight.)

And so that leaves me having to come up with plan C, and this is it right now: Find out when recycling is on the next block, and drag out my stuff and place it with someone else's recycling. I don't think that will cost the person I use any extra money.

Who says Christians don't care about the earth? I'd say it's the rich building owners and somewhat less rich managers that don't care. "Toss it all in the landfill! It doesn't effect me."

I have to say that today the human race has once against truly disappointed me and I have come to the conclusion that I will NEVER have a better, stable life. I will be moving once a year for many years to come, maybe even the rest of my life, and I might as well just accept that fact. Every time I try to make a better life for myself, I just get knocked down, and I might as well just admit it will ALWAYS be that way. I am so envious of people who have never been forced to move because I have moved every few years since the time I was two. It is the only life I know, and I hate it.


I know now that the building manager doesn't like me. He seemed to believe that I knew better than to put things out. How I'm supposed to know God and he only know, but that seems to be his belief. And he took everything personally, like my offer of help was a personal affont. There truly is nothing to say about this except, Some people's children! :-p

No comments: