Saturday, June 05, 2004

Jack Hayford

Victoria's gone penny-costal. Well, sort of.

Pastors Phil, Steve, and Jeff who run the C&C Listserve (a mailing list for Christians and Pagans), were in San Francisco for a church convention. I have talked to them online, but wanted to see them in person since they were so close. I met them Friday afternoon for coffee, and as they were getting ready to leave for the last meeting (convention was over that night), they invited me to come if I wanted. I wanted to hang out with them longer, and it sounded interesting, so I said okay. Then they told me that Jack Hayford would be speaking. Gravy!

So here I was at the last night of a Foursquare church convention. It was cool. I could have done without the couple of times everybody broke out speaking in tongues, but the worship ROCKED, and it was cool to see Pastor Hayford live and in person, even though he looked like a dot on the platform. ;) There were live screens, so people in the back could see better.

Total unexpected blessing from God. Sometimes He can be okay. ;)

No comments: