Monday, June 21, 2004

Murphey's in town...

And he brought his darn law with him.

I'm having a bitch of a day. And I've even been a good girl and prayed before bed last night. But some days, it just don't pay to get out of bed the next morning.

So I got into the City to check my P.O. box and my checks arrived. As usual, they screwed them up. I have been with this bank for 10 years and in that time they got ONE check order correct the first time. ONE. Every other time has taken two tries. So I go to the local branch office and tell them I'm not happy. I ordered Humane Society checks, not something called, "Puppies, puppies, puppies!" because the HS checks weren't available. Fine. Then TELL ME, by phone or even mail if need be. Do NOT order something I did not ask for.

So I try to order special checks with a Message on them (I have to look at these checks everyday - I like to look at something asthetically [sp] pleasing). They say they can't do the Message from the branch office and that I need to call customer service. Great. Moreover, since the charge for the messed up checks hasn't been deducted from my account yet, I have to take the checks with me and return them after the charge comes through. And oh, you can't take the check catalog with you; write down the numbers of everything and give those numbers to customer service. So I leave with numbers scribbled on a piece of paper, and the messed up checks.

I'm so (NOT) amused at this point.

So off to work and put in a call to customer service, who tells me they COULD have done the whole thing at the bank; it just required a call to the check vendor. So *they* call the check vendor and after about 20 minutes of explaining what styles and numbers and special features and all that junk, I *think* they have the order correct.

I can see this is going to be a bad day, so I have no idea what possessed me to call my ISP. I already knew it would turn out bad.

I try to get Earthlink to tell me how to set up a newsgroup account and we go around and around in circles only to have them tell me that it won't work because I have to be connected from my home computer and the work computer...well, evidentally nothing I can do at work because I'm not connected to Earthlink here. And I have no interest in accessing from home. I come home to sleep for a few hours; I don't actually LIVE there. (*gasp* The very thought.)

Add to all this the ongoing problems with Sutera on the Depression board. She is honestly more persistent than R-u-s-s. The Guide has set a 24 hour waiting period for people to post. This will give us a chance to recognize her names (she usually uses similar names - she *wants* you to know it's her) and have the Guide (Nancy) gag them. I do not expect she will leave. She ALWAYS comes back. Her life's mission is to get everyone off anti-depressants. She hates me because 1) I'm the only person willing to oppose her, and 2) my good experience with meds threatens every belief she holds. For these reasons, she attacks me mercilessly. She's been banned over three different TIME PERIODS (two years ago, several weeks ago, and now) under over a dozen (maybe two dozen?) names. So no, she won't go away. I'm praying that God will *make* her go away, and I don't care how, as long as she doesn't spread her lies on the Depression forum.

I've tried to guide Nancy through forum moderation procedures, only to discover that About doesn't allow many moderating options. Delphi offers tons more than About does.

And, if all that wan't bad enough, by body has decided that it LIKES weighing 186 pounds, and therefore I haven't lost an ounce in 3 weeks now. I'll go up and down between 191 and 186, but never lower than 186. And I've stuck to my diet! How do I get off a plateau?!?!?

Life STINKS.

No comments: