Monday, June 14, 2004

This is just not my WEEK

Why does it seem that this is "beat up on Victoria week"? First the hell on Friday, then Sunday was just horrid. Church was great, but everything else went wrong. I decided to listen to my Walkman on my way to church, and the batteries died, and I had no spares. Then, while waiting for the bus to work later that day, I saw the bus drive over the overpass and completely *skip* the BART station where I was waiting! I saw him. If he had stopped I would have only been 5 minutes late, but because I had to wait for the next bus, I was 20 minutes late.

Then comes quitting time and no one shows up. I check the schedule and Neil is written in and then crossed out. I called the boss, waking him, and he said Neil was indeed scheduled. So I call Neil and tell him to get to work. So Neil gets here about 40 or so minutes late, and I miss my workout Monday because I had to sleep in from getting to bed so late.

Then a former employee comes strolling through where I work with a friend of his. He quit back in 1994 when Mr. Camping started making predictions of Jesus' return that consistently failed to happen. He asked me how I was dealing with the new "end of the church age" doctrine now, and I said I mostly tried to ignore it. And he simply HAD to go and make a statement about how HE wouldn't be wanting to help build Satan's kingdom on earth.

Good Lord, where do these people get off? I'm having a bad enough week without people *I don't even know* bashing my choices!

Aaarrrggghhh!!! Calgon, take me away before the men in white coats come to take me away. :-p

No comments: