Monday, March 24, 2003

Living Beyond My Means

Victoria is living beyond her means. I've really screwed things up.

I found not one, not two, not three, but FIVE letters from my bank in my mailbox today. All were overdraft charges, two had two charges each. That's what...? About SEVEN charges? At $21 apiece. That's $148!

I called my bank and found I didn't even have enough to pay the rent. Ok, I thought. I'll just transfer some money from savings and deposit my state and federal refund checks - $530 all told. Surely that will get me through the next two weeks and pay my rent.

WRONG. After paying a couple of bills, entering everything in my checkbook and running the numbers, I STILL don't have the rent money, much less food and everything else. Looks like I'll be making another trip into the City to transfer more money just so I can get by this month. :(

No comments: