Sunday, March 16, 2003

Thinking about the Saints

A friend gave me a link to a Web page about St. Teresa. It includes a little gem about my favorite quote from her, one I've used often when feeling down: "Lord, if this is how you treat Your friends, no wonder You have so few."

Here's the relevant paragraph:

Sometimes, however, she couldn't avoid complaining to her closest Friend about the hostility and gossip that surrounded her. When Jesus told her, "Teresa, that's how I treat my friends" Teresa responded, "No wonder you have so few friends." But since Christ has so few friends, she felt they should be good ones. And that's why she decided to reform her Carmelite order.

I also managed to find a St. Victoria on the site! :) Too bad I was named after the former Queen of England and not the saint.

No comments: