Sunday, March 07, 2004

Abby

Yesterday when Anita drove me home from church, Abby acted strange when I got home. Anita had to help me up to my apartment because I had too much stuff, so we both walked in together. Abby and Xena were in the middle of the living room floor, and Abby didn't bolt under the bed. In fact, she stayed out the entire time Anita was there, until Anita got close enough to touch her. Abby put up with a couple pets until she turned around and realized that it wasn't me touching her. Then she ran under the bed.

She's come out before when the front door was open, hoping to find a way to get outside. But yesterday the door was closed, so she had nothing to gain by staying out in the open, and everything to lose. I really hope this is the beginning of her learning to trust other humans.

No comments: