Saturday, March 06, 2004

Let's lose weight!

Well first, I set up a little site this morning to be able to record my measurements on. The coding needs some work (not sure why it's displaying the way it is), but the info. is there and I hope to update my measurements monthly (when I am weighed and measured at Curves).

http://home.earthlink.net/~vicsblog/fitness.html

My current approach isn't really dieting, but rather redoubling my efforts to eat healthier, only eating when I am hungry, taking diet pills and drinking green tea (1 cup per day), and keeping a journal of what I do eat during the day.

I did better today because it was Saturday which means CHURCH! :) Jane brought a chicken noodle soup made with whole wheat noodles to the potluck. Becky brought chicken and homemade wheat bread (still warm!). Someone brought a salad, and Anita brought a veggie platter and a fruit platter. I ate lots of celery because I was told it had "negative calories" - the energy your body uses to digest it is more than it contains. I had some mashed potatoes, but only a little.

Jane gave me the leftover soup to take home, and Anita gave me what was left of the veggie and fruit platters (mostly veggies).

I also asked for prayer for my weight loss and exercise during the Sharing and Prayer Time. It certainly can't hurt to ask for God's help.

No comments: