Sunday, April 11, 2004

First Unsolicited Compliment!

I got my first unsolicited compliment today!

It's Easter Sunday and I was planning on going to go to the Episcopal Church. I got on the wrong bus and would be late, but I still had time to make it to City Church (sort of my second home church - I'm not a member, but I love it), so I headed over there.

At the communion my friend came and sat next to me. She had come in late and was forced into the balcony, but communion provided enough people moving around for her to sneak downstairs and sit next to me.

After the service we talked because I haven't been to that church in about 2 months. She said I looked different! And then I told her I'd been working out and eating low carb.

That is the first time anyone has said anything to me about how I look without my bringing it up first!

Certainly good motivation to continue. :o)

She wanted me to come back to her house with her for lunch, and then to see The Passion, but alas, I had to work. :(

Oh yeah, I had a piece of cake yesterday. My pastor's family was throwing a birthday party for their youngest daughter (turned 11), and the cake was chocolate so I had one piece. I managed to stay away from the ice cream and jelly beans, though. :) And today at City Church they had so many muffins and cookies and such. I'm proud to say I didn't eat any! :-D

No comments: