Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Holy Week is the Week From Hell!

The week between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday is always one of the busiest and most stressful of the year. This year - Monday was the mail run into the City, Tuesday was Curves, Wednesday was massage therapy, Thursday was Curves, Friday was Good Friday which meant a three hour service at St. Paul's, Saturday was my regular church in the morning and St. Cuthbert's at night for Easter Vigil, and Sunday was Easter Sunday services.

On Palm Sunday at St. Paul's they said they needed readers for the Good Friday service, so I asked if I could help and they said yes. I was the first reader in the second hour and the reading was Jeremiah 20:7-11. What that has to do with Good Friday I have no clue.

At St. Cuthbert's Easter Vigil service they asked for help with the "Intercessions,"which means reading given prayers. I volunteered for that. I like to help out.

Easter Sunday morning I was supposed to go to St. Paul's for services, but I got on the wrong bus. I took the 62 down to Lake Merritt BART, and had a 25-30 minute wait, and then was supposed to catch the 11. My mind was elsewhere and when another 62 came along before the 11, I got on it. This would have made me late for church, and missing the opening song would be terrible (it is always "Christ the Lord is Risen Today"), so I decided to go to City Church in San Francisco. I made it there with plenty of time to spare. My first Easter service there.

Janice was there so we got to catch up a bit after the service. (She was late and shuttled upstairs, but snuck downstairs during communion.) She said I looked different and I got to tell her about my excercise and weight loss. My first ever unsolicited compliment!

My new medication arrived yesterday. I am going to wait a few days until my stress reduces before I start. This is not a good time to be changing medications, especially one with a known side effect of anxiety. :-p

So, Holy Week was the week from hell. At least with Easter I feel closer to forgiving K and co. God has forgiven them, so really there's nothing I can do but get mad at God, and I know from experience how pointless that is.

No comments: