Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Starting new med

I started to wean off the Zoloft last night, and started the Wellbutrin SR this morning. I was on 200mg Zoloft (maximum dose), so I dropped it to 100mg (normal dose). Next I will drop it to 75mg by taking 100mg and 50mg capsules on alternating days. (They are capsules and so cannot be cut.) I know from experience that I'll be okay on 100mg; but drop me to 75mg and I have problems.

For the first week on Wellbutrin SR I am supposed to take 150mg once a day (in the morning since it can cause insomnia). Once my body adjusts to 150mg, I'll go up to a regular dose of 150mg twice a day.

Overall, I'm nervous about the change. I feel a bit jittery today, probably from the Wellbutrin, but overall I'm okay. The big test will be if I can get a decents night's sleep tonight.

No comments: