Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Insanity Central

Wednesday of Holy Week

So busy this week. Saturday night I forgot to set my clock forward, so when I woke up a half hour early (so I thought), I was actually a half hour late. I have never gotten dressed so fast. I need to take an earlier bus on Easter Sunday, because I was nearly late to Palm Sunday services.

I've forgotten how a large crowd sounds when singing. Saturday at church we did "All Glory, Laud, and Honor." Sunday we did the song at the Episcopal church (it's a Palm Sunday song - I did not know that!), and the sound just BLEW me away! A large number of people singing in comparison with our little crowd at church. WOW! What a difference.

At church on Sunday they announced that they still needed readers for the Good Friday service. I asked about being able to read, and they were very receptive. I'm going to be there anyway, so why not help out? I signed up to be the first reader in the second hour. :)

I have to get up early every day this week. Sunday I was up at 7:30 a.m. (8:30 by the new time). Monday I was up at 9:30 to run into the City. Tuesday I was up at 10:30 to work out at Curves before work. Today I was up at 8 to have a session of massage therapy before work (I should have scheduled it for some other week than this one). Tonight I have to do laundry because if I wait until Thursday, I won't get enough sleep Thursday night. Tomorrow I will be up at 10:30 for Curves again, and Friday I haven't figured out yet, but I have to be at the church by noon. Saturday I have to be up at 8 as usual for church, and Easter Sunday I need to be up between 7 and 8. I haven't had a sleep in day for over a week, and I'm already exhausted, with the busiest days of this insanity still ahead. :-p

Since eating low carb I've managed to lose more weight. Last week I lost 5 pounds! And when I went to counseling last Tuesday, climbing the hill to the church was a little easier than last month. I am definitely getting stronger!

Xena is two years old. Her (estimated) birthday was yesterday. How can she be two already? It was just yesterday that she was a 1 1/4 pound grey cottonball.

My doctor put me on Wellbutrin the last time I saw him. I am still waiting for the meds to arrive from Canada, but they should be here soon. He said I could start taking the Wellbutrin before weaning completely off the Zoloft. I'm nervous. I've never switched medication before. Wellbutrin is supposed to be good for a lower incidence of weight gain, which is why I asked for it, but it also doesn't touch seratonin in the brain, only norepinephrin and dopamine. I hope it works. If not, I'll have to try another SSRI.

No comments: