Saturday, May 29, 2004

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

God, what a couple weeks! Will it ever slow down?

May 16 was the Bay To Breakers race (page not finished yet). My official time was 1:56:34, and my actual time (from crossing the start line) was 1:54:41. I started off really well, jogging over a mile without slowing down to a walk, but I just pooped out. I think my low carb diet works well for my normal activity level, but is useless when excercising so much. I'll know better for next year.

I was supposed to be back at work the following Sunday (last Sunday), but I was sick. I actually missed church last Saturday because I was so tired. I was out from work Sunday and half of Wednesday this past week. I also had Thursday off as a sick day, but I was feeling better so I just took it as comp time.

As then my sister is in town this weekend. I spent 11 hours on Friday doing the "family thang" in the Sonoma wine country with Eleanor, April, and April's boyfriend Renato.

We visited three wineries for tastings. I learned the difference between red and white wine, and that the difference between champaigne and sparkling wine is something in the process of how it's made. April bought me a Gloria Ferrer sweatshirt from the first winery and I had my first wine filled chocolate. It was excellent.

At the second winery, Sebastiani, Eleanor bought me a bottle of Symphony, a desert wine. $15 a bottle! We also took part of the wine tour and learned about how wine is made.

At the third winery, Buena Vista, I had my first taste of Sherry. I have to say I was impressed with it.

April and Renato came over to see my apartment today and meet my cats, both of whom I got since the last time April and I saw each other. Hopefully that will be it for the weekend. This place was a mess, and though I hate working on Sabbath, I had to clean. At least the place looks better now.

No comments: