Sunday, May 02, 2004

My pastor's daughter

Well, the hearing was this week and temporary custody was granted to Julia's Mom's sister. Now the Crouch's (my pastor's family) have legally adopted her, but she wants "freedom" instead of the rules my pastor's family enforces, so she ran back to her birth mom. Her birth mom is more than happy to cast a spanking as "child abuse." She will also acuse anyone she can of sexually molesting her daughter. For this reason, the church has worked hard to make sure that no adult male is ever alone with Julia. The mere admission that a male might have been alone with her would look very bad.

At any rate, now there will be an investigation. I only hope it is thorough so my pastor's family can be cleared. Please pray for protection of my pastor's family from false alegations, and that the real truth will come out. Pray that Julia come to her senses and realize that the Crouch's really do care for her. Pray that God hold and guide this child through the rough years that lie ahead.

I really do feel like God's hand is on her, but sometimes I am impatient in waiting for Him to do something. Julia is 13; it will only get worse from here. She is no longer a child, but going through the "terrible teens."

No comments: