Monday, May 17, 2004

About the March For (Some) Women's Lives

I was at a wine tasting/fund raising dinner on Saturday evening. Narsai David, old friend of my Dad's and local celebrity in this area was there, as was a family friend (who drove me), and another women seated at our end of the table. The subject of John Kerry came up, and they all agreed they would like to see Bush gone; the woman also mentioned she was at the March For Women's Lives in DC. As soon as I heard that, I thought about you and your name for it. I just sat there thinking, "How can they be so blind?" And yet, so was I at one time. All I could do was turn away and try to join another conversation because I was afraid of saying something that would make them all think me nutty. I knew anything I could say would only be counterproductive.

Yep, Dorothy, we ain't in Kansas anymore. Sometimes I really hate living here. There are so few of us conservatives that we really get drowned out.

At the race yesterday I saw soooooooooo many people carrying signs and wearing t-shirts that were either pro-Kerry or just simply anti-Bush. A lot of people were wearing t-shirts that said something like "Running for change." One woman had a hand-written sign pinned to the back of her t-shirt: "The only bush I trust is my own." In the whole race I saw ONE person - a middle aged man running with his wife - who wore a pro-Bush t-shirt. I made sure to compliment him on it as I jogged by.

I have to constantly remind myself that the whole country isn't like San Francisco because what I see around here every day is very depressing.

And now this new out of Massachusettes (sp). I tell you, signs of the end times....

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

No comments: