Saturday, May 29, 2004

Fitness and Meds

My weight continues to drop. I'm no longer clinically obese, just overweight. I was 186 at my last weigh-in. :) I hope I can lose some more before my body decides to hit a plateau.

I don't know if it's the Atkins, the Wellbutrin, or both, but I have so little of an appetite. I know Atkins is supposed to suppress your appetite. I often have trouble eating enough, and I am not getting nearly enough protein. To the naysayers at my church, I will soon be getting blood tests - a complete metabolic panel - repeat of the same a year and a half ago, and cholesterol. The last metabolic panel was good, and I expect this to be about the same, but I have never had my cholesterol checked. My doctor said Atkins should be a fine diet for me provided I don't use it as an excuse to eat lots of cheeseburgers. :)

The Wellbutrin is working fine. I had no side effects coming off the Zoloft - none at all! - and the only Wellbutrin side effect was the common hyperness for the first week. But since it's a twice a day pill, I just took it in the morning for the first week and had no trouble sleeping at night. I really thought the switch in meds would be rough, but I hardly felt a thing.

No comments: