Saturday, September 24, 2005

I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet

But the sky isn't tumbling down. :)

Did everyone feel the earthquake at 4:25 a.m.? It woke me up, set off some neighborhood car alarms, and set the neighborhood dogs to barking. It was only 3.2, centered in or near Piedmont. Kind of exciting since I haven't felt a quake in a few years. It was a very short quake, just a jolt, possible on the Hayward fault.

Anyway, if you live here and your bed was rocking at 4:25 a.m. it wasn't the neighbors making whoopie! ;)

[Edit: Here's the USGS info. on it.]
http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/STORE/X40179595/ciim_display.html

2 comments:

Gina said...

I didn't feel a thing!

Unknown said...

It seems to have been pretty local to this area. People very far south didn't feel it. It was only 3.2 but I know it was close to me because it set off car alarms!