Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Year's Resolutions check

Wondered how I was doing on my new year's resolutions, so I checked back in my blog to find the ones I made for this year.

http://stumblingtobethlehem.blogspot.com/2004/12/new-years-resolutions.html

And here's the text of the post, with my comments under each point.

To do one of two things:

1) Either get down to 155 pounds OR Get my body fat down into a "normal" range for my age.

Or both. :)

Exceded the first part by about 10 pounds, but it's hard to tell what I considered "normal" body fat. At last check it was 26%, and I probably was shooting for 23%, so I missed that.

2) Run the first two miles of the Bay To Breakers race before slowing down to a walk.

Ran all the way to the bottom of the Hayes Street Hill, just over 2 miles in.

3) Do more work with weights to increase muscle mass.

Nope. Definetly something to shoot for next year though.

4) Continue going to the gym at least 3 days a week.

As much as I can. When I have to work overtime this isn't possible, but I get to the gym when I can.

5) Continue eating low carb, but play with my carb and fat grams to better fuel my time at the gym.

I'm still eating very low carb. This is something else for me to attack when I reach my goal weight.

6) Let go of those who hurt me this past year and give them wholly over to God for HIM to deal with as He best sees fit, and not as human justice desires.

I wish. :-p

7) To read the Bible cover to cover this year. I have a "Bible in a year plan" already printed out.

Right on track. I'm even a little ahead. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and feel a sense of urgency to finish.

No comments: